Forrest Spence 5k
Race Information (afterwards)
Thank you for your participation of the 13th annual Virtual Forrest Spence 5K. It was a wonderful success and we are grateful for your support in making it possible!
We had 1104 participants join us virtually. In the end, over $123,000 was raised to benefit hurting families in our community! We so appreciate the generosity and commitment of our sponsors and 100 race volunteers… your support makes the mission of the Forrest Spence Fund a reality.
For the 7th year in a row Christ Methodist Day School was given the top honor of largest team with participants and largest fundraising team went also went to Christ Methodist Day School. Largest individual donor was Jon-Paul DiMauro and top fundraiser went to Asher Muzzi.
Ghost runner shirts, results, pictures, and awards
T-shirts and goody bags:
If you registered August 18th-August 31st and live in the greater Memphis area than your shirt/goody bag will be delivered the week after labor day. If you are an out of town than your shirts will be mailed to you after September 8th.
If you placed than your award will be mailed or hand delivered to you after September 8th.
13th Annual Virtual Forrest Spence 5k Presented by Campbell Clinic Orthopaedics and Accel Performance and Wellness
Click here to sign up online!
The 13th Annual Virtual Forrest Spence 5k presented by Campbell Clinic Orthopaedics and Accel Performance and Wellness will be held VIRTUALLY the weekend of August 29th.
The board and staff of the Forrest Spence Fund have made the difficult decision to cancel our in-person 5k this year. The health and safety of our supporters, volunteers and staff remain our top priority. With the continued increase in Covid-19 cases, we want to ensure that we are doing our part to keep our community safe. Though we are disappointed to not be hosting our 13th Annual 5k, we are looking forward to the opportunity to try something new and exciting, as we are moving full steam ahead with a virtual race the weekend of August 29th.
- With a $25 registration fee participants will receive a race shirt, race bib, and access to the interactive training group.
- Access to the Private 5k Facebook page includes tips and tricks from Can’t Stop Endurance Training, Accel Performance and Wellness and Campbell Clinic Orthopaedics. This will give participants access to:
- 8 week training plan
- Videos on the following:
- Speed training
- Pre and post workout food
- and much more
- Awards will still be presented to the "winners." To be considered for an award, participants will post their time to the results page and awards will be mailed. We will be putting a new spin on our awards this year and look forward to seeing this come to life!
- All who register by Tuesday, August 18th at 11:59 pm will receive their shirt, bib, and small goody bag items via mail/delivery by August 29. This will ensure that participants have their race gear in time for race weekend!
- Participants must submit their times online to be eligible for awards.
- Those who register after midnight on Tuesday, August 18th will receive their shirt, bib, etc. after the race. We will send out the remaining race packets the week following the race.
- Door prizes will be given out to participants starting the week of July 27th.
The Colton Cockrum Family
Invisible Fence of Memphis
Lexie Johnston, Coldwell Banker Collins-Maury Realtor
Dr. and Mrs. Chris Meduri and Family
Memphis Dermatology Clinic
Memphis Radiological P.C.
The Allen Family
Christ Methodist Day School
Crown Trophy Cordova
East Memphis Pet Hospital & Resort
Engbretson Center for Women
The Futrell Family
Grace & James Kids
Grinder, Taber & Grinder
Memphis Children's Clinic
Park Medical Management, Inc.
The Smith Family
The Speelman Family
Stanley & Rainey, P.C.
State Farm- Matthew Gant and Parker Rhett
Victory Bicycle Studio
Weiss & Glassell Orthodontics
The John Wittber Family
Grady & Vicki Coleman
John and Alice Dudas
First Horizon Bank
The Galphin Family
Jim Keras Subaru Hacks Cross
Pediatric Dental Group & Orthodontics
Upper Cumberland Ear, Nose, & Throat
Judson and Leah Williford
Woodland Presbyterian School
Volunteer for the 5k
We are in need of volunteers to help label and stuff race bags the week before the race and volunteers to help deliver race bags around town the week of the race and the week after the race. Each delivery driver will drop off 10-15 race bags to an area of town. All volunteer shifts will meet at the Forrest Spence Fund Office (3092 Poplar Ave, Suite 15, Memphis 38111).
Please be mindful of social distancing and wear masks when coming to the Forrest Spence Fund office for your shift or to pick up your race bags for delivery.
Please take a look at the sign-up options to see which volunteer time slot will best fit your availability.
New in 2020...5k Bingo!
Have you started training for the 13th Annual Forrest Spence 5K with our 5K Bingo? If not, here's how it works:
- Mark each square that you complete, as you train.
- Once a Bingo line pattern (horizontal, vertical or diagonal) is completed, share and tag FSF on Facebook and/or Instagram along with using the hashtag #FS5kBingo and email the card to intern [at] forrestspencefund [dot] org to enter the weekly drawing.
- For our first round, completed cards need to be submitted by Thursday, June 18th and a winner will be announced on Friday, June 19th.
- We will continue each week with a new winner.
- Each winner will receive a prize.
- Have fun!