The Fund strives to meet individual needs of families who are coping with a critically or chronically ill child throughout the Midsouth. We work closely with hospital staff who refer families to the FSF who are struggling to make ends meet.
Some of the ways we have helped families in the past:
- Covering the cost of a phone bill and or electricity bill
- Mortgage/rent coverage
- Gas cards for the long drive to and from the hospital
- Meal vouchers for the hospital cafeteria
- Purchased cribs, clothes, and other necessities for the child
- Christmas gifts
- Family dinners monthly in the hospital
How to receive Individual Needs services:
For any financial needs, please contact the Social Work Department. The Social Work Department will complete and send in a referral form. If your Social Work Department is unfamiliar with the Forrest Spence Fund, then please send us an email to referrals [at] forrestspencefund [dot] org to receive a referral form.